Apply your newly acquired Information Technology skills in a real-world setting.
Format: Offered Online and On-Campus
Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
Your Information Technology coursework has given you valuable skills to evaluate and manage a variety of IT systems. Now you can demonstrate your abilities in a hands-on, real-world project. MCSS 693 simulates an information technology organization where you are able to apply and further enhance skills and competencies you’ve learned in your previous courses.
You’ll critically analyze a problem in collaboration with others to create an enterprise solution to an IT problem based on a specific public entity (corporation, government agency, etc.).
What You’ll Learn in MSCC 693
Working with a multi-discipline team (Database Technologies, Information Assurance, Information Technology Management, Software Engineering and Systems Engineering), you’ll critically analyze a problem in collaboration with others to design a recommended solution.
You’ll submit a paper and presentation specific to your degree program that is thoroughly researched and demonstrates a mastery of the coursework of your degree discipline.
Each team will present their analysis of the problems and requirements, and at the culmination of the term, present their solution.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Problem Solving Using Knowledge Mapping
- Problem Definition
- Discipline Problem and Solution Narratives
- Evaluation of Presentations
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of MSCC 693, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and define a problem worthy for study and research.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate epistemological philosophy with the body of knowledge that serves as the foundation for the field.
- Demonstrate the ability to investigate problems through a systematic research process designed to address both theoretical and practical problems in professional, academic and personal settings.
Request More Information
To learn more about the Master of Science in Information Assurance curriculum, including Graduate Capstone, call us at 877.820.0581 to speak with an admissions counselor. You can request information or visit our resource center to gain more insight on the information assurance industry.
Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.