Enhance your ability to protect a vital information network.
Format: Offered Online and On-Campus
Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
Global communication depends on intricate information networks to function. The vulnerability of that shared, and private, information is an ever-increasing challenge for those responsible for its security. In MSIA 672 Managing a Secure Enterprise, you’ll learn how to design and manage a secure enterprise. This includes aspects of enterprise security, physical security, disaster-recovery planning and business continuity planning.
Throughout this course, you will engage in a variety of assessment methods to demonstrate course competencies. These assessment methods may include, but are not limited to, written assignments, oral presentations, research papers, quizzes, service learning projects and class participation.
What You'll Learn in MSIA 672
This course is a follow-up to MSIA 670 Enterprise Information Assurance and takes a deeper look into securing Wide Area Networks (WANs), applications, communication channels and disaster recovery. You’ll also examine governance and compliance requirements.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Fundamentals in Securing Networks
- Essentials of Access Controls
- Application and Networking Based Attacks and Security
- Basic Cryptography
- Asset Security
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Security Operations
- Policy, Governance and Legal Compliance
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of MSIA 672, you will be able to:
- Describe security strategies in securing Wide Area Networking (WANs).
- Define best practices of access controls.
- Describe basic and advanced cryptology solutions to better secure the enterprise.
- Describe the fundamental principles of asset management.
- Recognize risk challenges and how to construct an effective Incident Response Plan.
Request More Information
To learn more about the Master of Science in Information Assurance curriculum, including Managing a Secure Enterprise, call us at 877-820-0581 to speak with an admissions counselor. You can request information or visit our resource center to gain more insight on the information assurance industry.
Disclaimer: Course content and outcomes may vary and are subject to change without notice.