Inspire Confidence in the Digital Age
Regis University’s online or on campus Master of Science in Information Assurance arms you with credentialed expertise to transform you into a trusted expert and leader in information assurance, including cybersecurity and IA policy management. Our in-depth information assurance education will provide you with a highly marketable skillset you can use to keep vital information safe and instill confidence in coworkers, customers and communities.
Employers value a master’s degree level of education because of the solid understanding of information assurance that only a university can provide. At Regis, you will gain true industry know-how with experiential labs and projects in a learning environment powered by the Ignatian vision of positive change through learning and truth. Along the way, you will also develop the foundational knowledge to sit for favored professional certification exams from leading organizations such as (ISC)2 and ISACA.
Information Assurance, which includes cyber security, is the proactive process of designing and implementing systems to protect information from internal and external threats now and in the future. Some of the biggest threats to information include:
- Social Engineering: Cybercriminals now use social networks such as Facebook and LinkedIn to target employees and trick them into providing information. It doesn’t take much beyond a convincing social media profile to start a social engineering scam.
- Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs): APTs are highly sophisticated low profile attacks that quietly gain access to a network and steal critical information.
- Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD): With the employees increasingly accessing work documents and emails on mobile phone devices such as iPhone and Google Android devices, attackers have yet another opportunity to gain access to a business’s information or data.
Examples of effective systems and procedures of protection include:
- Phishing and Pharming Defense: Creating a phishing incident response program for your company can help ensure fake company websites are shutdown quickly. This will help protect your customers from providing their personal information on a fraudulent website and ensure consumer confidence in your brand isn’t eroded. Similarly, a pharming defense will monitor your website to ensure unauthorized changes do not send your customers to a malicious site.
- Employee Security Training: This type of training is important for any business that wants to protect itself from a social engineering scam. Unfortunately, users are often the weakest link in an organization’s security. Providing training on policies and procedures to employees and then following up with testing can prevent social engineering attacks.
- System Image Backups or Rescue Disks for Validation: Advanced malware has the ability to hide from traditional anti-virus detection. However, potential infections can sometimes be treated with rescue disks. If unsure the virus has been removed, rebuilding the system from a corporate image will ensure the malicious software is purged.
Why Choose an Information Assurance Program From Regis?
The challenge of continuously keeping private and confidential information safe has major ramifications in all sectors of our society. You can make a huge difference in the world as part of the ongoing effort to design and implement systems and policies to keep data safe from attacks and misuse. Graduates of our Master's degree in Information Assurance — offered online, on campus, or a blend of both — earn a full degree and gain the foundational knowledge to sit for favored industry certification exams, including:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Electronic Commerce Council
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Information Assurance Specialization Offerings
Regis University is a designated Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education by the National Security Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the gold standard of educational instruction for computer and network security. Our highly customizable master’s degree provides two specialized tracks designed to meet your professional goals:
Specialize in securing networks with specific courses on database security, enterprise risk management and policy, and digital forensics. You’ll gain hands on skills and utilize our state of the art labs.
Specialize in creating the policies and procedures that relate to physical security breaches, disaster recovery, implementation of enterprise and architecture security systems, risk management, and auditing best practices.
Information Assurance Graduate Certificate Options
Certificate programs from Regis University offer quick, cost-effective ways to study specialized niches within our information assurance program. Learn new skills and concepts that can be immediately applied to solve challenges, while opening doors to advancement or new job opportunities. Earn a certificate online, on campus, or a blend of both in less than one year. Certificate curriculums are comprised of classes from our degree programs and taught by the same distinguished Regis faculty. If you decide to broaden your expertise by pursuing a master’s in information assurance, the courses taken for your certificate can then be applied toward your degree.
Study computer and network forensics, information enterprise assurance, securing and protecting systems, applications and data.
Learn techniques that address policies and procedures needed for the development and implementation of an effective security strategy that would apply to public and private business. The curriculum required for this certificate will touch on corporate governance issues like privacy, regulatory and standards compliance, auditing, business continuity and disaster recovery.
Maintain Life-long Expertise
Continuing education is vital to maintaining a high level of expertise in the constantly evolving technological field and ensuring that you continue to make a meaningful impact on challenges and change. To ensure past graduates stay ahead of the changes occurring in their industry, all alumni of Regis University’s Master of Science in Information Assurance can easily and affordably audit classes for life.
Request more information online or call us at 877-820-0581 to speak to an admission counselor.
Visit our Resource Center for more details on the information assurance industry.